Mini-Duct Systems For Your Memphis Area Home
Many Memphis area homeowners of older homes without forced-air HVAC systems, would like to add central air conditioning and/or heating ducts, but are daunted by the cost and difficulty of the installation process. Installation of ductwork may require removing large sections of walls, floors or ceilings, or adding unsightly box chases. However, high velocity heating and cooling systems minimize these alterations by using small diameter ducts that can be more easily threaded through floor, ceiling, and wall cavities. According to the manufacturers, these high velocity systems operate quietly and improve dehumidification, room air mixing, and energy efficiency over standard air-delivery duct systems.
High velocity mini-duct heating and cooling systems use a special fan coil and air handling unit that generates high pressure air forced through small diameter ducts. The main supply trunk is either a rectangular or round duct that supplies air to flexible, insulated, 2″ diameter plastic feeder ducts. Air passes through sound-suppressing tubing at the end of a duct run before entering the room through a plastic collar fitting. According to manufacturers, air is supplied at 440 to 1200 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
High velocity mini-duct systems use standard outdoor condensing units for air conditioning and heat pump systems. As an option, a water coil can be mounted in the air handling unit for boiler heating or chilled water cooling. Alternatively, adding a bank of electric heating elements to the air handler can provide heating capability to a high velocity air-conditioning system. High velocity system air handlers can satisfy cooling capacities between 18,000 and 60,000 BTUH and heating capacities between 24,000 and 143,000 BTUH.
Unico Mini Duct Systems
Unico System is a mini-duct central heating and air conditioning system that has been installed in over 50,000 homes and businesses world-wide. Unico’s modular air handlers and coils can be installed in ceilings, floors, crawlspaces and closets. Its’ flexible 2″ inner diameter supply tubing can be routed through existing ceiling, floor and wall cavities, eliminating the need for unsightly metal ductwork. Unico fits where conventional systems can’t and preserves the architectural aesthetics and integrity of any structure.
Features and Benefits
- Fits where conventional systems can’t, requiring little-to-no remodeling and eliminates boxy metal ductwork. Never use un-attractive window or wall-mount units again.
- Blends into any décor – Unico System’s 5″ diameter outlets are available in paintable plastic or stainable wood and are virtually in- visible once they are installed.
- Draft free because it works on the principle of aspiration in which streams of air enter a room and gently mix with the room’s existing air currents; temperatures are even from floor to ceiling, without the hot spots and cold spots of conventional systems.
- Quiet because its supply tubing is lined with sound dampening spun-bond nylon; you feel the superior comfort of Unico but you don’t hear it. Removes up to 30% more moisture than conventional systems because unique coils are colder than
Our Memphis Mini Duct System Services
- Air Conditioning Repairs
- Ductless AC Installation
- Mini Split AC System
- Ductless Air Conditioner Replacement
- Residential Air Conditioning
- Central Air Repair
- HVAC Repair
- HVAC Maintenance
- Commercial Air Conditioning
- HVAC Replacement
- Air Conditioning Ducts
- Mini Split
- Avoiding Unintended Consequences in Home Performance
An article by one of our owners, Kathe Stewart, was published in our national trade magazine about important considerations BEFORE making modifications to a client's home or air conditioning and heating system to avoid unintended consequences that can cause more harm than good. (more…)Read More
- Memphis Air Conditioners – Some Things to Know
It often happens that the air conditioner in the house is neglected until the day you notice no cool air coming from it. This is usually during the hot days of summer, when this machine is most needed. You then try to put the settings to the highest level hoping it will make the machine…Read More